At Redwood Park Academy, we strive for excellence in mathematics achievement throughout the school. We hope to develop pupil’s abilities within a cross curricular programme. Across all classes, pupils are given opportunities to develop their maths fluency, ability to reason mathematically and to solve problems, within a balanced and exciting curriculum. Most importantly, at Redwood Park, we recognise that skill in maths is essential to a happy, healthy and independent adulthood and strive to prepare our pupils for this.
Pupils at Redwood Park Academy will:
- develop a positive and confident attitude to mathematics
- to make an active contribution to their own learning, by developing the skills of independence and enquiry
- to become confident and competent working with mathematics
- to develop an understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented
- to become thinkers and problem solvers
- to develop a clear understanding of the language of mathematics
Our strategy takes account of, and is guided by:
- National Curriculum for Mathematics (2014)
- Advice and training by a number of SEN specialists such as Les Staves, Peter Imray and NASEN.
- Edexcel Person Entry Level 1-3 Functional Skills in Mathematics
- AQA Level 1 and Level 2 in Mathematics